Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Anticipation for Year 3 Semester 2 (AY 2010/11)

CS5341 - Computational Photography
Prediction: Although this module has no exams (That is ONLY reason why I'm taking a level 5000 module), its still level 5000, with the prerequisite being CS4243 which I can barely hold my own. It will be a heavy module with half of my time trying to decipher the algorithms.

CS3245 - Information Retrieval
Prediction: I hope there will be some familiar parts from CS4248, allowing me to connect well. Given from the planned schedule that there is programming assignments every two weeks and a tutorial every other week, this module will probably be crazy.

CS2106 - Operating Systems
Prediction: One main reason I am taking this is because the only other viable technical alternative is CS5241 - Speech Processing. CS2106 can be useful background knowledge for my future work as a Software Engineer. I pray that C programming won't kill me.

GEK1531 - Introduction to Cybercrime
Prediction: My Breadth module. Never really expect anything from the module. Planning to S/U it.

SSB1204 - Labour Law In Singapore
Prediction: My Singapore Studies module. Never really expect anything from the module. Planning to S/U it.

Advice for any new School of Computing students if they bother to read:
  • Bachelor of Computing (Honours) in Communications and Media really sucks, only consider this if you genuinely want to specialize in any one of the following: Art and Design, Game Development, Computer Graphics, Computer Animation, Image processing, Computer Vision
  • Don't make the mistake of "looks interesting, therefore I decide to major in that". The word "interested" implies that you really know what you are getting into (By going through internships) and you have the knowledge outside of what school teaches you (Shows that you are really interested to explore this option further).
Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment