Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Year 1 Semester 1 (AY 2008/09)

29 MCs exemption from Singapore Polytechnic
5 MCs exemption (CS1102) by my own hands
34 MCs total exempted...
160 - 34 = 126 MCs left to catch'em all!

Game Start.

Modules I took:

CS3241 - Computer Graphics
Credits: 4
Grade: B
Comment: A level 3000 module on my very first semester in NUS, and a technical module no less! C++ was a big pain in the ass, so were Vector concepts until I was taught about that in MA1301. A first warning sign for me that taking Bachelor of Computing (Honours) in Communications and Media is a mistake, which I unfortunately ignored...

CS2103 - Software Engineering
Credits: 4
Grade: A
Comment: This module might give a false perception that the life of a Software Engineer is easy, when in reality it is definitely not. For people thinking of slacking and relying on their team members to do the programming for them - Perish the thought.

CS2100 - Computer Organization
Credits: 4
Grade: B-
Comment: Basics of Computer Architecture, and that goes into technical details, so take the module under a lecturer who can teach. I still remembered I only knew how to do ONE question (Assembly Programming) out of the 8 required in my final exam. I did not expect anything better than a D (Conditional Pass) grade...

MA1301 - Introductory Mathematics
Credits: 4
Grade: A
Comment: I had solid background knowledge back in Secondary School (Additional Mathematics subject), but I still need consistent practice throughout the semester. If you want to get a good grade and yet you are no born genius, you need to do more than just studying/practicing a couple of days before the exams.

CS1105 - Computing and Society
Credits: 3
Grade: B-
Comment: An unrestricted elective for my major. Being only 3 MCs, its comparatively light. The final grade was disappointing but I should've expected it since I did not really take the module seriously.


CS1280 - Java to C++
Credits: 2
Grade: CS (CS/CU graded)
Comment: My unrestricted elective and a decent conversion course for those familiar with Java and want to learn C++. The labs are a pain in the ass for those who are unfamiliar with C++, namely me. But hey, its only CS/CU (Will not be calculated for CAP) for me.

Overall Results:
MCs taken: 34 + 21 = 55
CAP: 3.95
Promoted from COM1 to COM2

No comments:

Post a Comment