Friday, June 10, 2011

Job Search Pathetic Status

No job was offered yet, is it that my expectations are still too high? And that I should look for lesser-known companies that would give the "minimum wage" for programmers?

All my efforts spent working hard during my 3 years at NUS was simply wasted. Apparently I was focusing on the wrong skills. In the end, a fresh graduate with CAP 4.21 had to compete with those slackers who have neither better skills nor experience compared to mine.

People will say: "Quit complaining, and use the energy to find a job". Well, fuck'em. It's my life.

Companies applied for:
  1. DSO
  2. IHIS
  3. DSTA
  4. ST Electronics Info-Comm Systems
  5. ASM
  6. CSIT
  7. OCBC
  8. NUS Computer Centre
  9. IBM
  10. ANTlabs
  11. M1
Interviews attended:
  1. DSO
  2. DSTA
  3. OCBC
  4. ST Electronics Info-Comm Systems
  5. CSIT
  6. NUS Computer Centre (Engineering IT Unit)
I managed to get into a 2nd interview at ST Electronics, so that makes 7 interviews so far. But its been more than a month and ST Electronics have not called yet. I can't believe it, I might have been implicitly rejected by even ST Electronics, although admittedly Info-Comm Systems is a different subsidiary from the other Info-Soft Systems which is said to be easy to get into.

I declined OCBC's 2nd interview (The first was more of a briefing actually) since I have no business interest anyway, for now.

Technical/Aptitude tests taken:
  1. CSIT
  2. IBM
  3. NUS Computer Centre (Engineering IT Unit)
CSIT test for System Analyst appeared to be easier, consisting of  a written essay and MCQs and T/F questions but its the questions testing on the required specialized skills that I have no idea how to answer.

I most probably did not ace IBM's aptitude tests and hence wasted one day of my time, and the Java test by NUS Computer Centre tests me on Java Server Programming, and I'm screwed because yet again I have no specialized skills.

Job offers: -

No comments:

Post a Comment