Sunday, July 3, 2011

Job Search date reminders for myself

5th July is my commencement date. Let's hope it goes smoothly, but again, not that I'm excited about it. I am not even thrilled about taking photos.

The panel of interviewers at NUS Computer Centre mentioned that they will call me if I'm shortlisted within 1-2 weeks. Giving them a few days leeway, it should be safe to assume that I am not selected if there are no calls by the end of 12th July. Meanwhile let's hope other companies which I have sent my resume would respond...

By 12th July Evening:
  • If NUS Computer Centre doesn't shortlist me:
    • No calls from NCS, ST Electronics, WinSys Technology:
      • Have to look again... (Seems unlikely?)
    • There is a call from WinSys Technology:
      • Still have to look again (No idea whether WinSys is an easy target).
  • If NUS Computer Centre shortlists me for a 2nd interview:
    • No calls from NCS, ST Electronics, nor WinSys Technology:
      • Still have to look again (Still not confident about NUS Computer Centre)
For all other scenarios, I should be confident that I can be landed a job.

I think the above algorithm can still be re-factored to a shorter version, but well, I am still rather amateurish after all these years. Maybe use a truth table or something. But no, I can't be bothered to do that. Written just so I am clear about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment